The Radiance Sutras 5-day intensive at Kripalu - At Play with The Radiance Sutras
For all levels; optional meditation teacher training for yoga teachers.*
Meditation is one of life’s great pleasures, a vacation in the vibrant present. There are hundreds of meditation techniques, and, when you find the style that fits your inner nature, meditation feels like the most natural thing in the world. This retreat explores the luminous and juicy teachings of The Radiance Sutras, Lorin Roche’s new translation of the Vijnana Bhairava Tantra, an ancient yoga text that describes 112 meditation practices for touching the sacred in daily life. The teachings are playful, instinctive, down-to-earth, and transcendent.
Meet yourself where you are in a retreat that emphasizes naturalness, spontaneity, and being at home in the universe. You learn
- A wide variety of meditation practices
- How meditation can be more restful than sleep
- Skills for handling emotions and sensations that arise in meditation
- Techniques to blend meditation and movement.
Note* For those interested in the Yoga Alliance accredited meditation teacher training, there will be extended hours. This counts as 40 hours of teacher training (contact and non-contact hours). The training includes:
- Specific techniques to guide students into meditation
- Skills for honoring individuality and modifying meditation practices to suit individual preferences
- Effective language for guiding students into healthy practice
- 112 ways to refresh your approach to meditation.
This program is eligible for:
- 25 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $30 additional charge
- 25 credits for Yoga Alliance (YA), $30 additional charge